- round tables are for lively conversation, however, they can cut the duration of the dinner party short. a square table will keep the dinner party going longer with just as much lively conversation. In general, round shapes are
faster energy square shapes are more
- hang a mirror on the wall so that the table top is reflected in the mirror if possible, this
doubles the food on the table, and brings good fortune
- if possible, avoid glass tables, they tend to disconcert people. If you do have one, and are having a dinner party, do cover with a table cloth. this feels more comfortable.
- high backed chairs, give guests and family a sense of security and well being.
- depending on you character of course, and dinner parties, colours should be muted to allow the guests to shine.
- avoid hanging heavy objects above the table such as heavy light fittings beams etc. disconcerts people.
- if there is beam across the table, then please hang a clear crystal on a long string from the beam and tie it to the side to
drain the energy off the beam. people sitting at the dinner table, on the
other side of the beam, tend, over time, to become alienated. if the beams are dark, paint them the same colour as the ceilings
- if including pictures, do have gentle art, such as gatherings of happy people, food, plants etc.
muted, warm lighting, is beneficial in a dining room for good conversation.