Plumbing works are of two kinds. The first type refers to the construction of a large scale and complex plumbing system in which significant design effort and liaison extension with other building and buildings services are needed during construction. The other type refers to the construction of similar or more complex plumbing system in which the design effort is of a less and relatively simple liaison with works in other areas during construction is needed.
Whether it be a type I or type II of plumbing work, one thing essential to the job is that of a plumber.
A plumber is a professional who fits and repairs pipes, fittings, and other apparatus of water supply, sanitation, or heating systems.
There could be several ways. But the best we recommend is visiting homify as the website has several plumbers listed on its website that are highly skilled and reputed in Jaipur. They range in their work level and types, so one may need to enquire depending on the requirement of the job.
Some are specialized in certain areas and they could assure a better work output. For all details and inquiries visit homify and skim through the plumbers on the website to get to the right one.
homify also hosts a number of interesting blog posts to help with ideas in and around your home. This guide on the 10 of the best bathroom designs for smaller homes, for instance, sure can help if you’re looking for inspiration.
Following are the roles and responsibilities that a plumber fulfills. It will give an individual an idea of what work areas they cover so that a customer can hire a plumber accordingly.
1. Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components.
2. Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing and materials.
3. Identify the required tools and special equipment.
4. Select the type of size of pipe required.
5. Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures.
6. Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures, and equipment.
7. Assemble and install valves and fittings.
8. Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping, and controls.
9. Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping systems.
10. Install, repair and maintain water heaters and conditioners.
11. Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances, and trim.
12. Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks.
13. Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet code requirements.
14. Must be able to Mig, Tig, & Arc Weld.
15. Must be willing to cross trade.
16. Maybe called out at odd hours or have to work long hours in case of emergency.
17. Must be willing to work in and out of state.
18. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive.
19. Mentors fellow employees to enhance their skill sets.
1. Proficient knowledge in water distribution and wastewater disposal in residential,
commercial and industrial buildings and building codes.
2. Good communication and reasoning skills.
3. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Good verbal, presentation and listening skills.
5. Good time management skills.
6. Good hoisting and rigging skills.
7. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time during the regular workday.
8. Use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds.
9. Climb up and down ladders, work at high heights, scaffolds, and other climbing devices.
10. Carry tools and equipment; work while in stooping, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
11. Perform assigned tasks under all types of environmental conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather, and high winds and may include toxic or caustics chemicals or fumes used or stored areas. May be required to operate power tools.
Prices of hiring a plumber in any city are subject to change and vary according to the work and place they are hired. However, in a very broad sense, the following can be taken as a general idea for the costs incurred in hiring a plumber.
Visiting Charges -200 INR
Home Renovation Plumbing work 10000-50000 INR
New Home Plumbing Work 100000-300000 INR
Installation of Wash Basin/Sink 500-2000 INR
Repair of bathroom fittings 500-2000 INR
Fix faucet/sinks 500-1500 INR
Fix leaky faucet/taps 500-1500 INR
Installation of tubs 2000-5000
Sewer pipes/ Drainage pipe 500-2000 INR
Fix Water heaters 500-2000 INR
Fix water leakage 500-2000 INR.
Yes, plumbers do many repair jobs, but they’re also available to assist with new gas line installation. The plumbers on Homify could help you in your home or business for installing new gas lines or repairing existing ones.