Painters in Lucknow
The beautiful and historical city of Lucknow with its charming mix of old and modern infrastructure is the ideal capital city that its residents are fiercely proud of. Multistoried buildings stand majestically besides havelis with intricately carved jharokhas that have been preserved through the years with natural dyes. But if your house is a modern building that needs to look neat and beautiful then its walls have to be persevered with good quality paint that enhances the furniture and décor items within. Choose a professional based on experience, budget and testimonials as you would not want to wait a month for the house to be painted or end up with shoddy work.
How to select the ideal painter in Lucknow
While local freelance painters in Lucknow concentrate on just painting the house in line with the painting job done in the past, some innovative ones offer extra services like plaster repairs, trim with molding and even wallpapering. Painting the house is an exhaustive and expensive investment so choose your painter carefully.
- Contact your friends, colleagues and family that have recently had their house painted and check out their painters that they recommend. These tried and tested painters would be your best bet for getting work done on time.
- Most branded paint companies like Berger, Asian Paints, Nerolac etc provide painting services through local painting contractors that have been certified by them. The services of these contractors can be availed of by visiting their website and calling their contact center in Lucknow.
- Ideally get estimates from two or three painters for painting the whole house including windows and doors. If the doors of your inbuilt cupboards need to be painted or varnished then generally the painter will give a separate estimate for that.
- Do not go ahead and choose the one that charges you the least but ask for complete breakup of all charges in the estimate. Always stress on paint that is durable and washable even if it is expensive as the appearance of its rich finish will more than make up for the cost.
- There are some professional service provider sites that list out contact details of local painters in Lucknow that can help you find a professional close to your residence within your budget.
Issues to clarify with painter before starting the job
- Painting materials – Make it a point to ask the painter if materials like paints, brushes and other cleaning materials are part of the cost estimate or they have to be provided by you. This way you can keep tabs on costs to a certain extent if you decide to hire a freelance painter recommended by someone close to you.
- Wall preparation before painting and cleaning – Walls, doors and windows including trims that have to be painted should be sandpapered and all traces of old paint should be removed before starting the painting job. Clarify with painter if his workers can do that and don’t expect you to keep everything prepared for them to start work.
After painting job is done there is generally a lot of cleaning up to do of the floor even if furniture and other objects in the rooms are covered with tack cloth. If the painter staff does not want to carry out the cleaning then you may have a tough time clearing the debris of paint blobs, discarded brushes and cleaning clothes.
- Painting details – Be clear on certain details with the painting contractor about type of paint that will be used in each room, number of coats and exact duration of the complete exercise. Ideally you may be charged extra for requesting extra tasks like painting trims and coverage of electrical fittings during the painting process.
How to make a rough estimate of painting cost
- Calculate the exact carpet area of your house and multiply it by five which includes the roof (unless your roof has special lighting arrangements). So if the house is 1000 sqft then multiply it by 5 that will be around 5000 sqft which has to be painted. Now painters in Lucknow charge around Rs. 15 – Rs. 20 so the cost could be around Rs. 75000 which is quite reasonable. Regions like doors, windows, balconies and terraces have been kept out of this estimate.
- Textured painting jobs with metallic finish, stencils, deco paint services cost slightly higher and can range between Rs. 150 and more per square foot depending on the kind of work required.
- When you get the actual estimate from Lucknow painter ensure that it has details of paint brand that is being used along with quantity and number of coats that will be required for the finish you require.
- When walls are being repainted the overall cost is less as you will need just one coat of primer followed by 2 coats of final paint. But fresh walls require prepping up with two coats of putty followed by two coats of primer to make the walls absolutely smooth before applying two coats of premium emulsion or synthetic paint you want as final coat.
Lucknow painters provide complete services like protective finishes for exterior walls and offer suggestions on ideal paints for all rooms so that your dream home in Lucknow is likely to remain beautiful and attractive irrespective of seasons.