Kitchen planners in Hyderabad
A well-planned kitchen is crucial for a comfortable living. The kitchen is where meals are prepared with love, laughter, conversations and more. Kitchen planning goes way beyond what you see on the outside. While the external details can earn you a lot of awe and admiration, the internal layouts and detailing is the real meat (or the real Hyderabadi Biryani, if you like).
Food is an essential part of the culture in Hyderabad, which means your kitchen would have an assortment of utensils and equipment such as kadhai, mixers, grinders, charcoal barbeques. So, here are a few tips to help you plan your Hyderabadi kitchen with ease.
What are the essential tenets of kitchen design?
While planning your kitchen, focus on the layout and functionality, keeping in mind the aesthetic designs and decorative enhancements. Ponder on how you and your family use your kitchen and maximize space usage without cluttering.
What comprises of kitchen planning?
Storage, lights, hobs, chimney, exhaust fans, trays, kitchen tools, bins, all need to be planned meticulously for that "perfect kitchen." Optimize each hard-earned square foot of your kitchen space, especially if you want to make most of the small kitchen typical of new apartment complex homes in Hyderabad. IT has grown by a whopping 49% in past 3 years here and brought in the apartment culture (2BHk ~1200 square feet and 3BHK ~1700 square feet) to cater to the needs of small nuclear families. And of course, your budget. Typically, in cities like Hyderabad, the cost of doing up a kitchen from scratch could cost you somewhere from 1200 INR to 2000 INR per square foot.
What all should I consider while doing up my kitchen?
- Understand the floor plan: When a house is constructed, the floor plan is shared by the builder/architects. Take the time out to ponder on the plan. An open kitchen with the triangular layout is ideal for small kitchens. Larger kitchens can add more appliances like dishwashers, have two sinks, and islands if space permits. You can make structural changes , but bear in mind that structural changes can be as expensive as 70-80 thousand INR per wall. So, think well!
- Determine the kitchen layout that suits the space the best: Kitchen layouts are available in India is five different layouts i.e. Straight layout (less common), U shaped, L shaped (most popular in open kitchens), Parallel and Rectangular (a popular choice). Choose based on space available in your kitchen and how you would like your appliances placed especially the refrigerator and the sink. Depending upon the layout, a number of necessary items can be added to the design, like a small sit out, kitchen islands, decorative elements. Smaller apartments can use one of the open kitchen walls and double up as dining space.
- Chose the kitchen module per the layout and your own requirements: Every modular kitchen is based on a module or a combination of modules. These modules comprise of drawers, shelves, and pull-outs as their focal points. Pick a module that aligns with your kitchen needs, but remember simplicity is the key. While prices vary significantly based on underlying material, a module costs start somewhere at INR 1000 per square foot.
- Select your ideal kitchen height: The average height of a female in India is 5 feet, which is four inches lesser than an average woman in the US. Take into consideration your own height and design your kitchen platforms and cabinets ergonomically to avoid back pains.
- Wisely select the cabinet material: The material used to make the cabinets, storage shelves and counters can add life to the kitchen. Since doing up the kitchen again can be a costly affair, pick a sturdy material that can survive the hot humid Hyderabad weather.
- Choose a countertop: Countertops come is a variety of materials like natural stone, granite, and artificial stones. Each material is available with umpteen number of choices of design and color, choose what blends best with your cabinets and walls.
- Invest wisely in kitchen appliances: Appliances are essential to modern day living. Buy the appliances you need but avoid filling your kitchen space ones you seldom use or are unsure of. Your appliances wish list could include a dishwasher, microwave, chimney, coffee machine, toaster, oven and more. Built in appliances can be your option for a neater look but can be tad expensive, try out if your budget permits. Insider tip: Power cuts are frequent in Hyderabad, do not forget guarding your expensive appliances of fluctuations.
- Select kitchen colours : Kitchens today are coming in a plethora of hues, choose the ones that match your home décor theme and are pleasant to look at. Opt for lighter tones to give an illusion of space, but only if you are fine with the extra effort of maintaining. Earthy darker tones can be your choice for a rustic feel. Bear in mind, when it rains heavily in Hyderabad, your kitchen should be able to function with little sunlight.
What makes ready-made modular kitchens the best choice?
A popular choice for modern homes, the built-in or modular kitchen offers the perfect medley of style, convenience, and durability. An effective, well-planned modular kitchen offers storage space optimization, is quick to install and repair (due to modular nature) and durable.
As a new aged woman, you juggle between work and home tirelessly, between being traditional and modern at the same time. Spicing things up in your kitchen, you spend a lot of time there. An elegant and well-designed kitchen offers a pleasing workspace. Ample amount of storage and clever design can help you stay organized and on track with fast-paced life.
We at homify India bring to you world class kitchens that are stellar in functionality as well as design. On our website we have listed stellar designers and architects, city wise. By browsing through our directory and viewing their profiles, you can see photographs of previous work and get an idea of their services. You can then simply fill up the contact form and get a quote from the professional of your choice.