Interior Designers and Decorators in Indore
Indore, also known as mini-Mumbai, is the business capital of MP. A unique thing about Indore is that it is the only city in India what has both an IIT and an IIM. No wonder Indore is a cosmopolitan city. People from various parts of the country move to Indore for various reasons and then settle here for good. Builders are emphasizing on smaller homes to accommodate incoming population. This further puts interior designers and decorators on the rise because these are the people who know how to make a space look visually appealing even with the space constraints.
What kind of interior designs are generally seen in Indore?
Indore is an emerging city in India and is not yet completely developed. Hence, you would not find modern high-rise buildings in the city but when it comes to interiors, the interior designers and decorators in the city have done an amazing job. A marvelous example of Indore interior designing is the Kanch Mandir where the detailing of the entire temple is done using glass. The popular styles preferred by residents of Indore are listed below.
- Modern: Modern style is plain yet elegant. The color pallet is simple and much accessories are not used in the furniture or décor. Metal, steel and glass can be used to design the space.
- Minimalist: This style is preferred by the millennials because it gives a lot of free space in the rooms and hall. This makes them look bigger. It is a simple design with ultra-clean lines.
- Scandinavian: This is a rather popular design among the interior designers and decorators in Indore. The color pallet is mostly white or shades of white and the décor elements look like art forms. Also, this style keeps a focus on the natural lighting.
- Traditional: This kind of a style has a depth to it that no other design can provide. Dark finished wood is often seen in traditionally designed homes and furnishings are mostly done with silk and brocade. Accessories are used in abundance in traditional interior designing.
- Transitional: This is the interior designing style that most people in Indore want in their homes in 2019. It is a perfect balance of traditional and modern. People refer to this style as contemporary too. With neutral color pallets and steel furnishings, interior decorators create a calm space which is visually appealing to the eyes.
How to find the right interior designer and decorator in Indore?
Residents of Indore have witnessed urban development in the city at a fast pace. From Khajrana temple and Krishnapura Chhatris to the Lal Bagh Palace, the architecture of the city is changing too. Resident interior designers and decorators in Indore are trying to catch up with the modernization of the city such that do not forget to capture the heritage of the Maratha era and Holkar dynasty.
- Check for the experience: Nothing beats the value of experience. When you choose an interior designer, make sure that they have an experience of at least 2 years in the style that you want.
- Decide the services you want: Interior designing is an umbrella term which includes entire home designing, decorating, kitchen re-modeling, bathroom re-modelling, false ceiling designing etc. You should decide if you want complete home designing or a limited set of services.
- Ask questions about adaptability: Many a times, the initial design would need improvements as the project progresses. The right interior designer would understand this and incorporate the changes in the design. Ask the designers if they would charge extra if you want to scale up at a later point of time.
- Background verification is important: It is important to check the credibility of the interior designers you are going to work with. Try to choose a certified designer so that you don't face any issues later.
- Discuss the Budget: Good interior designers and decorators should be able to work with varying budgets. Once you have discussed your budget with them, they should be able to provide great designs within your budget.
How much is the cost of hiring an interior designer in Indore?
Indore being a tier-2 city is not very expensive. Therefore, one might have second thoughts about hiring a professional interior designer. There is a general misconception that it would cost you a lot. But, it is the opposite. When you hire a professional interior designer and decorator for your home in Indore, you cut down on many intermediate costs.
While some interior designs in Indore charge based on their level of involvement in the project, some other charge a percentage rate. And yet some others prefer to charge by per sq. ft. rate. Let us try to understand these costs one by one.
- By level of involvement: Assuming you have a 1500 sq. ft. house in Indore and you want an interior designer to decorate it with a modular kitchen (Rs. 1500 per sq. ft.), 2 wardrobes (Rs. 1200 per sq. ft.), a study unit (Rs. 700 per sq. ft.) and a TV unit (Rs. 700 per sq. ft.), it would cost you approximately 2.5lacs in total, if we take the standard rates and keep a margin for some extra décor elements.
- By the percentage rate: A common practice among the interior designers in Indore is to charge a percentage fee of the entire project cost. If the décor elements and the labor cost adds up to Rs. 3 lacs, the interior designer would charge a percentage of that cost, which can be 5-10%, thus making it Rs. 15k to 30k. Keep in mind that you bear the cost of materials and daily laborers in this method of cost calculation.
- By per sq. ft. rate: The rate per sq. ft. can vary greatly depending upon the kind of service that one is opting for. For example, the cost of false ceiling ranges between Rs. 60 per sq. ft. to Rs. 150 per sq. ft. and the cost of a wardrobe ranges between Rs. 1200 per sq. ft. to Rs. 2000 per sq. ft. In such a case, it is advisable to mutually agree on what services would be provided at what rate per sq. ft. before the designing starts. On an average, a standard 2BHK should not cost more than Rs. 1200 per sq. ft. if you go with the standard fixtures. And a premium 2BHK décor should not go beyond Rs. 2000 per sq. ft. for similar configuration.
Where can you find best interior designers and decorators in Indore?
Gone are the days when people used to hire an interior designer among their contacts only. These days, people want the best of everything. And why not? After all, the interior design of your home reflects your own personality. At homify, we have the most trusted and experienced interior designers and decorators listed on our website. All you need to do is select Indore from the list of cities and browse through the catalogues of several designers. You can request a free quote from professionals and then choose a designer as per your budget and style requirements.