Interior doors are an important part of a house, however it is often not always valued as such until we realize its importance when we have to buy new doors for the renovation or construction of the house.
Interior doors essentially serve to close a room, but they are also an important element of decoration, which must be adapted to space, at the aesthetic level / design. On the other hand, it is necessary to choose an interior door according to its opening system, as there are several types and models, not to mention the differences of existing materials, in the market. In this sense, it is not easy to find the ideal door which adapts to our needs and our budget. So we decided to help you through this book of ideas, explaining in detail each type of door according to the material, style and opening system. Join us and do not hesitate to enter through the various homify doors!
Before choosing the material you want for your interior door, you must define the opening systems that corresponds to the layout of the room as well as to its needs. We will guide you through the 3 main systems that you can find on the market:
- Internal door with traditional system. This is the most popular door. Why? Because it is simple to install, because it fits all styles and also because it is the cheapest. In addition, this model of interior door provides a good thermal and acoustic resistance. The only disadvantage, we managed to point out, is that it occupies a part of the surface of the room when it is open.
- The accordion-type folding door is the ideal door when there is a lack of space or a small partition. This consists of small panels of small width that, when folding, allow you to close or to open the door without invading the division. The closing of the door is done by a clip or by a simple lock. In PVC, this door is very popular, because it is monetarily accessible and because it is resistant to shocks. Its installation is not very complicated, if you know a minimum of DIY.
For more inspiration, here are 9 stunning door designs for your house.
- Sliding doors are living their glory days, and are increasingly being chosen by interior designers. In fact, this type of door offers several possibilities, allowing you to take great advantage of space. For example, it is ideal for separating two divisions. It is quite standard practice to use this door model in modern houses to separate two spaces without losing square meters.
As far as material and color are concerned, there is no shortage of options. If you want a more cozy environment you can opt for a wooden sliding door or a glass door for a more modern look , so as to bring light to the environment. Installation is thorough. We recommend that you call a professional for your installation, as it is not that expensive and you are guaranteed to have a functioning sliding door. You can request an online quote, for example on our homify page, and compare the prices of professionals in your area.
For more information, have a look at our article titled the best sliding doors for your home.
- The main advantage of a pivoting door is its aesthetic side. In fact, this type of aperture fits perfectly into the wall for a very contemporary look. It is a door with a vertical opening in the right, left or center pivot, allowing a large opening in the central pivot. Two pivots are used, one on the floor and one on the ceiling. It is easy to get and is low cost. It can have a similar finish to the walls, the pivoting door can be made with various types of materials. If you opt for a tailored job you can choose luminous panels or mirrors. If it is a safety issue for children, then swinging doors are ideal.
- The interior wooden door: A wooden door is always a good choice, whether in renovation or construction. Wood is synonymous with robustness, is warm, intimate and is an option, more and more, chosen in modern style houses. A good solid wood door offers good thermal and acoustic insulation. Contrary to what we think, wood is not that expensive and you can find a type quite accessible for your wallet. One of the great advantages of the wooden door is that it can be customized, renewed, exists in all colors and in all styles, can be associated with glass of various types.
- The glass interior door: The glass interior door is a stylish and modern option, which adapts to all decorating styles and is an excellent alternative to spaces with little natural light as it lets in light. Glass doors can be attached to wood or aluminum, giving a certain originality to the finish of the door. These doors can be applied in the entrance hall, living room and dining room or kitchen. For a door full of design and full of personality, do not hesitate to combine materials!
- Aluminum is also a popular material for the use of doors and windows. It is easy to maintain thanks to the material itself being resistant. It gives elegance and contemporaneity, especially if you choose a pivoting door. Although it is more common on exterior doors, nothing prevents it from being used on interior doors. Everything is an option!
- PVC is the most important material in the market, being therefore an excellent alternative for interior doors. It is easy to maintain, has good thermal and acoustic insulation, is resistant, durable, safe, aesthetically very attractive and fully recyclable. What more can you ask for?
Are you fed up with your door? Before you trade think of solutions to recover it. These are two ideas for you, but there are so many other ideas in the world of the internet. Find and spend a few hours restoring your old door, in the end you will have won the price of a new door!
Thi decapé finish pictured here is trendy, even in modern decorations. For more inspiration, here are 6 modern doors to dress your home to impress.
A new paint of the color you want, even with slate finish looks good. The door is thus more fun and with one more purpose, to write and leave errands or chores to be done. The whole family will like it. Why spend, when you can save?
We must have, increasingly, an environmentalist attitude and not keep buying stuff when we don't really need to. We often throw away things that may have a second chance for you or someone else. You can put it on sale, donate to an association or a friend.
In the case of interior doors you can perfectly find second alternatives to the original. Deep down, inspiration has no limit. Do a search online and see the numerous solutions that your old door can have.
For prices, ideas, advice, shopping, mounts and other issues do not hesitate to contact a competent professional in the area, such as a door professional . On our page you have access to contacts that can be filtered by regions, using your zip code. An interior designer, an interior architect or a decorator can also advise you on the best door for your interior.
We hope this idea book has been effective in helping you choose the most suitable doors for your interiors. For more related inspiration and ideas, have a look at our article titled problems with your doors? Take matters into your own hands.