Looking for an element that allows you to give your space a beautiful and dramatic look? Then incorporate curtains and drapes in the kitchen, living room, kids room etc. and let your windows and doors speak about your style and personality. Curtains are the simple fabric pieces which not only set the tone of the room but also protect the home from the outside world. They are the pieces which come in wide range of colours, designs, styles and materials like sheer curtains, velvet curtains, white curtains, lace curtains etc. But choosing the right one for the particular room is quite overwhelming. To make your buying process easier, here we listed some types of window shades. Take a look and give your rooms a beautiful makeover.
1. Box Pleated Curtains: These kind of door curtains provide a very personalised look and are drape into deep folds down the full length of the curtains. The box shape lines next to each other help create a formal, pleated look. Box pleated curtains are best for the rooms like living room, dining area or study room.
2. Rod Pocket Curtains: These type of window curtains are also known as cased heading curtains. Rod pocket curtains are made of nets and lightweight fabrics, which are not opened or closed frequently. They have a casing sewn across the top which is left open at the ends. Rod pocket curtains need to be hung on a slender rod that threads through the channel and fits onto hooks or into sockets at the sides of the window. These type of curtains works best in formal rooms like living area, dining etc.
3. Pinch Pleated Curtains: These type of curtains have a decorative finish at the top and comes in a variety of fabric types. There are five types of pinch pleating namely two finger pinch pleats, three finger pinch pleats, four finger pinch pleats, five finger pinch pleats and one finger pinch pleats. These are best to be used as bedroom curtains, living room curtains, kids room curtains etc.
4. Eyelet Curtains: Eyelet curtains also known as grommet curtains are made from light or medium weight fabrics and have sliver rings at the header through which a rod weaves. These type of window or door curtains are easy to open, close and maintain and works best in the kid's room. When made with a more formal fabric, these type of curtains are the best option for a modern bedroom or living room as their no-fuss design is very contemporary.
5. Goblet Pleat Curtains: If you are searching for a formal curtain on sale to decorate your traditional home having high ceilings, then go for the goblet pleat curtain. These style curtains have pleats at the top which resembles a wine glass. To keep the pleating in position and rounded, make sure they are shaped with wadding or interlining.
6. Sheer Curtains: Sheer curtains are the types of curtains which bring lightness to the windows. They are often hung as secondary curtains or over blinds. This means the main curtain or blind can be used to block out light and then pulled back to reveal the sheers which allow light in a while still minimising visibility into the room. These type of curtains often have tab top design and can also be customised as desired. Suitable for almost every room, sheers curtains can be made more formal when the curtain top is encased in a pelmet, concealing the curtain rod and wall joinery.
7. Tailored Pleat Curtains: These type of door or window curtains are similar to pinch pleat types, but the only difference is that the pleat starts at the top of the fabric and falls from there. They are also known as euro pleat. For some people, these style curtains are more stylish and less fussy and work best when made with substantial, light weighted fabric.
These were some types of beautiful curtains to decorate your windows and doors in the home. Before you move towards shopping online for the window or door curtains, we suggest you check the room design, height of the window or door. These factors, will help you to choose the right style and colour curtain. However, if you stuck somewhere, then take the help of interior designers or other family members and give your room a decorative appeal.